Noshaq EUROPE 3
AN INVESTMENT FUND CO-FINANCED BY THE EUROPEAN REGIONAL DEVELOPMENT FUND AND THE WALLOON REGION
The limited company Noshaq EUROPE 3 S.A. is an investment fund co-financed by the European Regional Development Fund and the Walloon Region, which aims to enable SMEs to carry out their investments and projects. Created in January 2017, Noshaq EUROPE 3 S.A. has received nearly € 48 million of resources for the 2014-2020 ERDF programming.
Noshaq EUROPE 3 S.A. operates under Measure 1.1.2. “Capital and credits in companies, spin-offs and spin-outs – Capital at Risk Component” (Priority Axis 1 “Economy 2020”) and Measure 2.3.1. “Financing innovative enterprises” (Priority axis 2 “Innovation 2020”) of the “Wallonia-2020.eu” Operational Programme.
In order to benefit from the products and services of our company, the applicant company must meet the following criteria:
- it must be an SME within the meaning of the European definition , i.e., an enterprise employing fewer than 250 persons (in full-time equivalent) and whose annual turnover does not exceed 50 million euros or whose annual balance sheet total does not exceed 43 million euros;
- it must have an operating office, or undertake to establish one, in the Province of Liege;
- it must not to be considered to be a company in financial difficulty within the meaning of the European definition ;
- it must not belong to one of the sectors excluded from the scope of the ERDF, or from the European Regulation applicable in the case of granting aid (i.e. Commission Regulation (EU) No. 651/2014 of 17 June 2014 declaring certain categories of aid compatible with the internal market in application of Articles 107 and 108 of the Treaty or the Regulation “De minimis” No. 1407/2013, if applicable);
- it must not be subject to a recovery order following a previous Commission decision declaring aid unlawful and incompatible with the common market;
- it must be carrying out a project deemed viable and profitable, taking into account a business plan demonstrating the overall viability of the company and the technical, commercial, economic and financial feasibility of the project.
Forms of intervention
Interventions take the form, in particular, of granting different types of fixed rate loans or of capital interventions in the beneficiary enterprises, whereby the different types of intervention are flexible according to the needs of the enterprise, the nature of the investments to be made and the aid scheme selected.
The measures implemented by Noshaq EUROPE 3 S.A. comply with specific European regulations:
- Regulation (EU) No. 1303/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 17 December 2013 laying down common provisions on the European Regional Development Fund, the European Social Fund, the Cohesion Fund, the European Agricultural Fund for Rural Development and the European Maritime and Fisheries Fund (OJEU L 347 of 20.12.2013, p. 320);
- Regulation (EU) No. 1301/2013 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 17 December 2013 on the European Regional Development Fund and on specific provisions concerning the “Investment for growth and jobs” goal (OJEU L 347 of 20.12.2013, p. 289);
- Commission Regulation (EU) No. 1407/2013 of 18 December 2013 on the application of Articles 107 and 108 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union to de minimis aid (OJEU L 352 of 24.12.2013, p. 1);
- Commission Regulation (EU) No 651/2014 of 17 June 2014 declaring certain categories of aid compatible with the internal market in application of Articles 107 and 108 of the Treaty on the Functioning of the European Union (OJEU L 187 of 26.06.2014, p. 1).
S.A. Noshaq EUROPE 3
Head office: 4000 Liège, Hôtel de Copis, rue Lambert Lombard 3, Belgium.
B.C.E. no.: 0670.438.066
ERDF in Wallonia
 Commission recommendation concerning the definition of micro, small and medium-sized enterprises of 6 May 2003 (2003/361/EC).
 Communication from the Commission — Guidelines on State aid for rescuing and restructuring non-financial undertakings in difficulty (2014/C 249/01).